JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions (JPMIS) transforms JPMC data assets to create and commercialize information and solutions that enable consumers, businesses and governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS also uses Big Data Technology to improve efficiency and information use within JPMC.
The ideal candidate will primarily be responsible for leading build and management of Hadoop platform and Java applications. The ideal candidate will ensure that systems are built to meet functional and non-functional requirements. The candidate will ensure upgrades and enhancements are non-disruptive and appropriate planning is performed and acted upon. The candidate will have solid technical documentation skills to complete Permit to Operate required documentation.
· Lead build of Hadoop platform and Java applications.
· Support application until handed over to Production Operations.
· Provide direction to junior programmers
· Technical documentation, architecture diagram, data flow diagram, server configuration diagram creation
· Complete Risk questionnaires for the application
· Drive project team to meet planned dates and deliverables
· Work with big data developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
· Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system
· Assist with developing and maintaining the system runbooks.
· Perform ongoing capacity management forecasts including timing and budget considerations.
BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred.
· 7+ years of IT experience
· 2+ years experience in Hadoop required
· 4+ years of Java experience preferred
· 4+ years experience in ETL with tools like Informatica, Data Stage or Ab-initio preferred
· Exposure to Greenplum an advantage
· Exposure to SQL/Shell and procedural languages like PL/SQL, C, C++
· Understanding of Storage, Filesytem , Disks, Mounts , NFS
· Development experience in Sentry, Cloudera Manager, Hive, HBase, Impala preferred
· Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
· Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in financial services industry preferred
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.