JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Legal Department has a number of key operations to meet our obligations to various regulatory oversight and investigative bodies as necessary. This includes obligations to regulatory bodies of legal entities, both domestic and international that regulate our business as well as to civil and criminal investigation authorities or adversarial counsel. Legal is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. Each Practice Group has a General Counsel who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the Firm’s General Counsel. This structure provides the means for the Legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the Legal teams in a timely manner.
The Office of the Secretary (“OTS”) partners with senior management, control groups, lines of business and corporate units to promote effective governance of the Firm, its branches, subsidiaries and affiliates. It operates through a corporate team and three regional hubs, in New York City, EMEA and APAC. OTS also works closely with the Firm’s Board of Directors and is responsible for the coordination of Board meetings and materials. OTS has responsibility for the Firm’s proxy statement as well as various other public filings and interfaces regularly with JPMC’s shareholders on governance matters. In addition, members of the practice group are involved in various industry initiatives to consider best practices for the banking industry as a whole. We are looking for an Operations Manager to be based in New York to lead the OTS Americas Team.
The OTS Americas Operations Manager is a senior member of the OTS Leadership Team; immediate responsibility to lead a dedicated team through an aggressive transformation of our end-to-end processes. The scope of this role includes designing and implementing a new business model, focused on optimizing operational efficiencies while reinforcing a strong control environment. Through partnership with Technology, Project Management Office and the Legal Strategy & Process Improvement team, this person will be responsible to help with the creation of a tactical business model while contributing to the development of best-in-class OTS Global operating model. The role requires a results-focused, detail-oriented, influential and process-disciplined leader to deliver efficiently against an extensive transformation goals. This person will maintain a strategic and innovative mindset to deliver effectively against the future-state vision while collaborating across a diverse set of stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently and be a true “self-starter.” The successful candidate must also be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively and succinctly with all levels of management and be adept at Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Primary Duties will include:
- Work closely with the Managing Director and senior attorneys to strategize, develop and execute a future state end to end model
- Develop and implement coverage strategy to improve performance, and ensuring that the program delivers against a clear set of recommendations.
- Define roles, responsibilities, deliverables, and milestones
- Define objectives and action plan to support the new structure
- Define target hiring profile, set and monitor hiring goals by region
- Manage communication and maintain regular cadence with partners including LOBs
- Ensure compliance with changing regulations ensuring the team is delivering against firm-wide obligations
- Prepare executive presentations
- Promote effective use of existing tools and processes (and eliminate those that are not used or are ineffective);
- Identify and support the development of new capabilities
- Identify/develop and report on metrics to best manage the business
- Communicate at an executive level to provide regular updates to senior leadership of the Commercial Bank and the firm, including presentations, executive summaries, summary metrics
- Must have 10+ years of experience designing and successfully leading large scale operational change management programs; experience within large Financial Services firms preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related Masters Degree is a plus
- Previous expertise and a true passion for process innovation, design, and technology with proven success delivering complex, large scale initiatives
- Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent judgment and independent decision-making ability
- Relevant experience in the following areas is preferred: project management, strategic management, operational risk and control, technology integration
- Experience with Know Your Client (“KYC”) rules and regulations is a plus
- Leadership roles in Management Consulting is a plus