The Corporate Functions Compliance (CFC) Advisory team is accountable for the management, execution and oversight of the Compliance program for all Corporate Functions within North America. Corporate Functions is comprised of 26 unique groups with a wide and diverse range of activities (e.g. Finance, HR, GRE, Legal, Sourcing, Technology, etc.).
Working together with Senior Managers, Legal, and Oversight and Control we advise each group on their applicable Compliance risks and related policies, ensure proper Compliance training and testing plans are executed, and support the Functions in their development of appropriate controls to mitigate applicable Compliance risks. In addition, we participate in all Compliance-wide initiatives and are responsible for the implementation of those initiatives within the Corporate Functions.
In addition, CFC has Compliance ownership for several enterprise programs (Reg W and TPO) as well as the Reg O firmwide policy. Ownership includes content management for related policies and testing and training standards, as well as managing firmwide Compliance forums for discussing assessments, controls, training, and testing initiatives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
This role provides the opportunity to contribute to the continued build-out of the global compliance program for Corporate Functions. The person will have primary Compliance advisory responsibility for several “high touch” groups as well as represent CFC in various forums, risk committees, and other meetings with Senior Managers in their coverage areas.
· Collaborate with various groups to design appropriate responses to internal clients’ needs in accordance with our compliances practices framework;
· Proactively engage with coverage areas to understand activities, identify potential risks, and partner with them in their managing of mitigation plans;
· Work in close collaboration with Corporate Functions Compliance across all regions, to build and maintain key relationships across the Compliance department, in order to promote a culture of engagement and connectivity and to implement a consistent set of practices and related standards.
· 7-10 years experience in a Compliance advisory role (or a control function such as Risk or Oversight & Control), within the financial services industry
· Past experience building and maintaining key relationships across departments and functions, and establishing a culture of engagement
· Proven ability to build rapport, garnering respect and appropriately exercise authority in a collaborative cross-cultural environment
· Professional maturity and confidence in engaging with and expressing a point of view with Senior Management
· Proven ability to positively and creatively influence change and champion critical change initiatives
· Proven ability to share lessons learned and best practices across an organization
· Strategic thinker, with ability to implement
· Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong attention to detail
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.