JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
One of the top priorities across the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) at JPMorgan Chase is to help the firm move toward a more integrated data management strategy. The mandate of the CAO Reference Data Operations team is to manage reference data across the enterprise, establish firm-wide reference data governance processes and quality standards, manage all reference data operations teams, and partner with the lines of business to drive alignment to firm-wide reference data standards. Our businesses and corporate groups rely on reference data to facilitate and execute transactions, support our clients, identify potential risks, and meet regulatory requirements.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Description of role, functions and activities
Asset Pricing & Reference Data is an operating unit center of excellence providing a global asset pricing service to J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank.
The Pricing team within the Asset Pricing & Reference Data (APRD) operating unit is responsible for the capture and validation of security prices used by Fund Accounting or the Investment Bank to calculate and submit daily and monthly NAVs subject to time sensitive deliverable deadlines or to price positions and traders books. Functions performed by the wider team in North America include: Client directed daily customized pricing for production of mutual fund NAVs reported to NASDAQ; Customized daily pricing for European based mutual fund clients; Pricing for institutional and retirement investment plans; pricing for Hedge Fund Services clients, pricing Prime Brokerage client positions and pricing trader position via the End of Day process. The available role is within the team located in Boston and is purely focused on the pricing activities for the US Mutual Fund client base.
Key Responsibilities and skills:
- Provide independent valuation services to the Index market research team in relation to JPMorgan published indices.
- Responsible for daily price capture, validation, and calibration across the index constituents
- Responsible for producing and analyzing valuation movements within client portfolios on a daily basis.
- Perform daily pricing and validation of all investment assets.
- Review of price confirmation collection within department.
- Analyze price movements against market expectations.
- Provide subject matter expertise support to downstream teams and clients.
- Liaise with pricing vendors and brokers to resolve issues and minimize risk.
- Complete all daily, monthly, and ad-hoc tasks and reporting as required accurately and to deadline.
- Resolve client queries promptly and professionally.
- Participate in client meetings
- Escalate all issues promptly and effectively to supervisor.
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the pricing control process.
- Ad-hoc project work as directed.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Bachelor degree with preference in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Knowledge of industry activities, particularly corporate actions, index tracking, stock markets, and derivatives valuations.
- Understand the effect that changes in prices and other data elements have on the market value of an account and be sensitive to these changes.
- Self motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding and interest in stocks, bonds, options, and financial markets and products.
- Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Mathematical mindset demonstrating strong numerical skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and interact across departments.
- Demonstrate customer focus and follow-up skills.
- The Asset Pricing team primarily covers the hours of 10:00am to 7:00pm EST. The role holder will be required to operate flexible working hours to cover early starts and/or late finishes as demanded by the business.
- 3 to 5 years asset pricing or fund accounting experience.
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Pricing vendor knowledge, i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
J.P. Morgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.