JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Global Compute Services(GCS) is responsible for managing the firm's global server and storage portfolio's across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is transforming into a Managed Services provider for JPMC and drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services.
Managed Services (IaaS) is responsible for Managed Services (VSI/PSI) solution availability in one of the world's largest banking computing environments, supporting a truly global footprint. You will work within the IaaS Capacity team where they evaluate VSI/PSI capacity to meet business needs in our rapidly changing environment. You will develop innovative solutions to more effectively use our infrastructure, and closely partner with demand managers and business representatives on critical firm-wide initiatives. For this job, you'll bring extensive logical and hands-on technical skills covering a wide range of computing products and the ability to successfully interact with engineering, project, purchasing and business teams will be imperative.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Provide analysis to assist with understanding of capacity supply and demand across all IaaS solutions; focusing primarily on PSI
- Performing the day to day capacity approval/planning activities
- Identifying capacity forecast needs that ensure accurate management updates
- Identify tool and process improvements to optimize resource capability; then move to production
- Be responsible for producing management reporting across the IAAS space
- Develop effective presentations for a range of audiences clarifying capacity and related programs.
- Explore unique and lateral methodologies to contain the IaaS (VSI/PSI) footprint and cut infrastructure costs
- Provide team SME's cover and assist with delivery of Business Case analysis to support purchase requests