J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
The KYC Operations team is part of the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) division of JPMorgan. KYC Operations has a global footprint with hubs in Asia Pacific, The Americas and EMEA.
WHEM KYC Operations team (Western Hemisphere) has teams in New York, Brooklyn, Chicago and Latin America. The team is currently focused on a 3-year renewal plan initially targeting Foreign Correspondent Banks.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on anti-money laundering and KYC is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. CIB has established a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in the KYC due diligence process. This is a green-field opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practises within JP Morgan and the industry. Candidates with sales/client experience will gain valuable risk and regulatory experience.
Stream Lead Role provides leadership of 1-15 employees which consist of managing, inspiring and assisting your team to reach the LOB goals by completing productivity assignments and projects. The Stream Lead is required to show above average performance of duties, maintain good communication skills, enthusiasm and company loyalty. The Stream Lead will understand the mission of the department in order to plan and organize the assignments and duties their team must complete. Stream Lead will have the KYC knowledge and ability to answer questions. Stream Leads execute improvement initiatives within their LOB such as project management and organizational design initiatives. They are responsible for integrating the strategic LOB objectives and resolving current business constraints.
Stream Lead assures that new employees have the proper training to perform on the responsibilities of the LOB. As a Stream Lead, you are responsible for closely reviewing your teams’ progress and completed assignments as well as correcting behavior that does not contribute to the advancement of the team's goals. Additionally, the Stream Lead will be knowledgeable about their team members' strengths and weaknesses in order to determine the best fit for certain assignments, as well as organizing work product due dates and deadlines to finish assignments on time. The Stream Lead must have good interpersonal skills to keep records of progress and documenting team members' performance and behavior. Stream Lead will be responsible for assessing employees during performance appraisals and assist them to further their career growth, congratulate and encourage employees who exhibit above standard work.
We are looking for high performing individuals interested in a challenging new opportunity. The opening is available for high performing individuals who have deep experience and understanding in all or most of the following areas:
Stream Leads have over 5 years of experience in financial field or equivalent
The person in this role must be able to execute and achieve business objectives as well as implement improvement programs of the LOB
They have excellent interpersonal skills, such that they can develop trusted relationships with employees, and successfully lead their teams
Provide team leadership and coaching
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives
- Motivate and inspire team members
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words
- Coach and help develop team members; help resolve dysfunctional behavior
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- Strive for team consensus and win-win agreements
- Ensure discussions and decisions lead toward closure
- Maintain healthy group dynamics
- Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues
- Assure that the team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate on the team
- Encourage creativity and constant improvement
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
Focus the team on the tasks at hand or the internal and external customer requirements
- Familiarize the team with the department goals
- Assure that the team addresses all relevant issues within company standards
- Serve as meeting manager to provide necessary business information or to resolve issues
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements
- Help keep the team focused and on track
Coordinate team logistics
- Work with Senior Managers to obtain necessary resources to support the LOB goals
- Obtain and coordinate system access, equipment, and communication lines for team members
- Establish meeting times, places and agendas
- Coordinate meetings with the team to discuss project implementations , needed resources or issues/delays in completing assignments
Communicate team status, task accomplishment, and direction
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the departmental plans and deadlines
- Keep management committee informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve issues
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction