About JP Morgan Asset Management:
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Fiduciary Tax practice within Global Wealth Management has been outsourced to Deloitte Tax LLP. This role would require a close working relationship with Tax Liaison Leader (TLL) for trusts and estates including contact with internal and external stakeholders. This individual would report directly to the TLL. The Fiduciary Tax Officer’s primary responsibility will be to provide a strong working knowledge of tax matters for our client base and to ensure compliance with Federal and State filing requirements. This would include process and procedure, analysis of risk review data and helping to focus on priority items. Also, this role involves frequent interaction with senior management, Deloitte Tax LLP and front office advisors (e.g., Trust Officers, Bankers, Investors, etc.) in a fast-paced team environment, as well as accountability for broader projects.
• Partner with TL, Tax Counsel and other Liaison team members to develop and implement quality and compliance metrics
• Align group goals and objectives with firm priorities and initiatives
• Offer creative solutions as issues arise and act as a partner on key business decisions
• Trouble shoot for problem solving and definition around filing positions – to be able to answer the question “what should we be doing?”
• Enable management by providing timely, accurate information on tax matters
• Research, communicate and resolve key issues and risks and answer questions from Trust Officers, Bankers and other Advisors
• Ensure proper discipline around compliance and risk management procedures and regulatory requirements
• Assist JPM Advisors by providing guidance on tax policy with a focus on risk control and compliance
• Prioritize matters needing attention
• Assist in overall needs of the team and provide support during peak periods
• Work to build strong relationships with Deloitte Tax LLP staff
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.