JPMorgan Chase is seeking talented candidates for a position as a Senior Model Governance Analyst in our Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Risk Management Group, based in Columbus, Ohio.
This position will be a key part of a small CCB Model Governance and Controls team within CCB Risk Modeling. CCB Risk Modeling is a centralized team working across the CCB businesses to develop and improve risk models. The core modeling teams develop a range of models including: application scores, pricing models, customer strategy (balance transfer, line assignment), collections, loss forecasting and stress testing, capital, fraud, and anti‑money laundering (AML) models.
The incumbent will be responsible for project management of the User Testing and Monitoring (“UTM”) Review process for models as well as performing additional functional UTM Reviews. The candidate will be responsible for working with key partners to ensure the proper escalation process exists and functions as designed. The Candidate will also work with the Model Governance and Controls team and key partners to define and refine model risk analysis and reporting to better communicate model risk to stakeholders.
The Senior Model Governance Analyst will interact with teams across the firm, including Data Quality, Technology, Governance, and Control partners, to ensure integrity of data fields captured and reported.
The right candidate must be a self-starter and will be responsible for managing his or her own book of work, must be flexible to changing requirements from internal or external forces, and must be comfortable working independently or as part of small project teams to solve complex problems.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Develop an understanding of a variety of risk management, governance, control, and other consumer banking functions
- Hone problem solving, analytical, communications, and leadership skills in an environment of active mentorship and coaching
- Advance to other roles in the company
- Lead the project management of User Testing and Monitoring (UTM) Reviews
- Monitor the performance escalation process and raise awareness of control breaks
- Monitor timelines for UTM and ensure models are tested regularly
- Serve as primary point of contact for UTM Reviews by CCB Risk Modeling
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Model Risk Analysis and Reporting
- Perform Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and control mapping