About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Investments Middle Office supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Investments Middle Office provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with front office investors, client service, fiduciary officers, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
We are looking for a high caliber Project Manager and/or Lead to join our team. The candidate must have considerable Project Management and Analysis experience within the Investments space, preferably in Private Banking. The candidate may lead multiple projects or initiatives across various geographic locations. Projects will involve participants from and have impact on functions across multiple lines of businesses. Project work typically has a substantial impact on the corporation/LOB and is geared towards revenue enhancement, cost reduction, risk mitigation, process improvement or other priorities as defined by management. Ad hoc requests in addition to scheduled activities are likely.
• Lead projects related to middle office/operations and technology for the Private Banking Investments Middle Office including organizational and process analysis, and new product and technology initiatives
• Coordinate with various areas of Investments, Middle Office, Finance, Technology and Operations to build operating models, technology solutions, and process improvements.
• Partner with Business and Technology teams to create strategic solutions to oversee new products and develop enhanced tools
• Create and maintain project plans; regularly follow up on open items with the business and technology
• Produce high level summaries, presentations, and updates for senior management and stakeholders
• Develop and execute test plans to deliver seamless project solutions
• Act as a key advisor to the senior stakeholders on the project to achieve goals and overcome obstacles
• Be able to work independently, but keep management informed of progress / issues
• Lead/participate in meetings at the operational and project level with management and project sponsors to discuss strategy and relevant supporting details
• Responsible for project team execution of all project deliverables (requirements, design, etc.)
• Effectively manage scope of projects and the expectation of project stakeholders
• Perform specific subject matter analyses and recommend solutions.
• Bachelors Degree required
• Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Private Banking, Investment Management, or Brokerage/IB
• Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
• Superior organizational and planning skills; Ability to take a project or workstream from inception to completion
• Demonstrated track record of excellence in team building, leadership, project management and problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze and resolve project-related issues and follow through with set objectives
• Excellent understanding and hands on experience with project management methodologies
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as Microsoft Project or other project management software experience
• FINRA Series 99 licensing required within 120 days of hire