JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Application Developer - Asset Management Core Components Visualization
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank; and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. As of June 30,2012, one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under supervision of $2 trillion and assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can.
Asset Management Core Components Visualization
This group provides best-in-class business analytics solutions to various Wealth Management and Investment Management lines of business through working with the business strategy teams to execute Asset Management’s data analytic strategy. The team is responsible for managing the technology for the visualization platforms and integration into the analytic environment and core data service architecture. The uses cases include leveraging complex business data to help manage business process, competitive edge and improve business operational efficiencies.
Role Description and Responsibilities
• Develop applications that support and extend the Asset Management Visualization Platform
• Use proven and approved methodologies and patterns during the development cycle
• Create maintainable and testable code, and contribute to peer reviews of other team members code committed to Git.
• Maintain visibility and transparency in the development cycle by leveraging adopted JIRA features.
Candidates must have prior application development experience, with a focus on C#/.Net and Java. The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
• 1-2 years of C#.Net application-tier development
• Strong knowledge of Java application-tier development
• 1-2 years of Web-Based presentation-tier development
• Experience working with agile methodologies to produce iterative deliverables
• Hands on experience and familiarity with core tooling: Git, JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, Eclipse/IntelliJ.
• Experience working with data analytic technologies (Greenplum, Hadoop, R, SAS or similar) a plus
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude
• Ability to execute flawlessly and handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
• Quick learner with strong attention to detail; Appetite and drive for innovation
• Team player exhibiting professional maturity, personal integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other engineering discipline or relevant work experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.