About JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and consumers in more than 100 countries.
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 1,000 Audit officers. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm’s line of business. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of financial business and integrated technology specialists.
The Corporate Sector Audit team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including Finance, Compliance (including AML), Tax, Corporate Real Estate, Third Party Oversight and Global Security & Investigations (GS&I). The team also works closely with each Line of Business Audit team to ensure consistent coverage of compliance, finance and risk topics.
The Corporate Sector KYC/CDD Audit Manager position, based in New York, will report directly into the KYC/CDD, Team Lead who is responsible for audit coverage of Global Financial Crimes Compliance. The Audit Manager will be responsible for assisting with ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities across the Corporate Sector, including Global Financial Crimes Compliance, Operational Control (Global Security & Investigations and Third Party Oversight) and Corporate Responsibility.
Be prepared to travel to locations domestically (10%).
- Lead or assist on audit engagements covering KYC/CDD functions including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Proactive coordination/interaction with the Global Corporate Sector AML auditors and line of business audit teams.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Provide ongoing continuous monitoring and relationship management for certain key Corporate Sector Groups.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Past experience as a bank examiner, auditor, consultant or compliance professional with a deep understanding of KYC, OFAC, Sanctions, and/or BSA, AML (8+ years)
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
- Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.