J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has more than 160 years of experience helping Latin America’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations and endowments grow, manage and sustain their wealth. We serve clients from more than 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with offices across Latin America, in the United States and in Switzerland, with a total of over 600 employees.
Global Wealth Management (GWM) is part of the Asset Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within J.P.Morgan. GWM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within J.P.Morgan and the industry.
The Onboarding Specialists will be part of the global Middle Office Operations team supporting all aspects of client onboarding to include the fulfillment of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Onboarding Specialists will partner with the Onboarding Officers to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships. Onboarding Specialists are intimately involved with the client onboarding and account opening process in the Global Wealth Management. Combining their knowledge and skills with the available technological tools, Onboarding Specialists pre-fill account opening documentation for clients, review completed documentation packages, complete data collection, coordinate with different functional areas to resolve any documentation issues, and respond to client and internal inquiries in a timely and personalized manner.
Onboarding Specialists are expected to master all of the technology utilized in the client on-boarding and account opening process. As technology evolves, Onboarding Specialists are expected to learn and master the new technology to improve efficiency and optimize execution, tracking and control capabilities. Onboarding Specialists are accountable for coordinating the participation of Marketers, Product Specialists, Risk, Legal, Technology and Operational Support personnel, where required. Onboarding Specialists are expected to meet the needs of clients while adhering to the firm's established policies and procedures. Onboarding Specialists will provide backup and coverage for other team members and perform other duties or special projects as required
- College degree or equivalent experience or military service
- Prior experience in AML / KYC a plus
- Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both integrated team partners and clients
- Ability to review, validate and authorize documentation with strong attention to detail
- Track and communicate and respond to inquiries related to documentation status/issues
- Pre-fill account opening documentation through requests from bankers and or product specialists
- Ability to take the lead in unstructured situations and ensure an optimal client experience
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Suite applications
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of quality control techniques/procedures
- Some understanding around the governing documentation of a legal entity (legal entity structures, operating LLC's, bi-laws etc.) preferred
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Mulitiple positions require Spanish or Portuguese oral and written proficiency