Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone. As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
We are seeking a Java Developer Lead to join our group with primary responsibility of developing and maintaining core application frameworks utilized by multiple LOBs including card, mortgage, auto-finance and retail bank. Framework development requires maintenance and governance of the core technology platform supporting development initiatives within the Operations Technology space. The role involves creating technology that will be the foundation on which other web applications are built. The individual will be comfortable making informed technical decisions impacting multiple applications as well as providing expertise to infrastructure and application development teams.
· Primary responsibility of this role is to develop and maintain core application frameworks utilized by multiple LOBs including card, mortgage, auto finance and retail bank.
· Design, develop, document and support the core frameworks used by other web applications
· Work in an Agile environment geared towards delivering development framework
· Collaborate to establish ‘best practices’ in coding standards and conduct code reviews for programs that will be used as template by application developers.
· Champion new technology transitions by learning them quickly, becoming a subject matter expert and producing proofs of concept to determine the technology stack.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to foster innovation.
· Design new architectures and implement them at a very fast pace with extremely high quality, fast performance and developer-friendly documentation.
· Collaborate across multiple development teams while maintaining good communication with consuming application teams to ensure smooth rollout of framework releases.
· A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum of 4+ years of experience in the above areas.
· Experience leading/mentoring others.
· Understanding of efficient design patterns and their implementation.
· Ability to make decisions and back them up.
· Client-side MVC experience a plus using AngularJS, EmberJS, Backbone, etc.
· IBM RAD/Eclipse or similar experience.
· Git/Subversion or similar experience.
· IBM WebSphere Application Server or similar experience.
· Retail Banking IT experience
· REST/SOAP services
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.