JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for operations service support delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its’ Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
The successful candidate will be part of a global Infrastructure Level 2 support team for Rates Exotics and Hybrids business. Solid knowledge of DB administration.
- Experience debugging/resolving real-time Production issues.
- Experience with network storage solutions ( NAS, SAN, Fiber Channel).
- Experience of supporting database installations under Linux
- Comfortable with most aspects of Linux operating system administration
- Solid experience in shell scripting
Experience with complex TCP/IP networks (containing routers, switches, VLANs).
- Experience in financial application support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Production support experience at a site with a 100% uptime requirement where call tracking/management is leveraged
Unix/Linux (Redhat) Systems Administrator with 7+ years experience. In depth understanding of Gemstone/Database Administration
Excellent scripting skills in ksh/bash.
Used to working in both an AD aligned and Operate support environment.
Experience of working in a Financial environment.
Working as part of a small team, must be prepared to work evenings/weekends as required.
Prior working experience in an Banking environment is strongly desired
- Samba Administration experience
- Ability to write scripts in some other languages (e.g. Tk, Perl, Python).
- Experience with network security (e.g., configuring firewalls, deploying authentication systems, applying cryptography to network applications, intrusion detection, log collection and analysis).
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., Xen, VMware).
Extensive knowledge of Gemstone administration
- SmallTalk experience
The behavioral requirements of this role are as follows:-
High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
Ability to pitch communication at different audiences appropriately, from technical colleagues to managers in the business.
Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels..
Ability to gather and understand requirements.
High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation.
The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and problem solving
Good testing principles as well as good defect management skills