About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The Pricing Associate will be responsible for performing the pricing of alternative investment securities, including hedge funds, private equity, and real estate funds for the Private Bank accounting platforms. The team currently prices over 11,000 securities each month across nearly 500 funds globally totaling $60B in AUM. Additionally the associate will assist each product team with resolving inquiries, issues, breaks, etc. on an ongoing basis. The associate will be involved in planning and testing for future system build out and implementation of a strategic pricing tool.
Daily Operational Responsibilities
• Liaise with fund administrators, operational teams, investment teams, and funds for pricing
• Update the alternatives pricing spreadsheets on a timely basis
• Compare data from vendor sources to mainframe system
• Ability to analyze, research, and resolve root cause of pricing issues
• Ability to proactively identify trends, recurring problems and risk; suggest and implement resolutions
• Ensure accurate and timely resolution of internal client inquiries
• Escalate appropriate pricing team issues to management when necessary
• Act as a role model by consistently demonstrating and projecting professionalism, confidence, conviction, optimism, and authenticity
• Identify opportunities for process improvement
• Communicate with business partners on a frequent basis
• Act as department resource, both to team members and business partners
• Work with project and technology teams to develop and implement strategic pricing tool
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of alternative investments
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of securities industry and terminology
• Understanding of alternatives pricing methodologies/NAV a plus
• Strong PC skills (Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Strong analytical/problem solving ability
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; handle multiple tasks/projects/people
• Flexible - willing to assist where needed and work overtime when required
• Overtime during month-end is required
• Series 99 Preferred (Or will be required to obtain within 120 days of hire)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.