J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
The Firmwide Financial Control organization is a rapidly growing centralized function, leveraging and maximizing business, product and process knowledge across the firm, while ensuring consistency, strong controls and clear accountability within the lines of business. Financial control includes such activities as reconciliations from product and risk management systems through to the general ledger, as well as substantiation processes. The Cross Line of Business Strategic Financial Control Projects group provides project management support for the business users for a variety of initiatives involving enhancements to an existing suite of systems used by financial controllers along with other process improvement and regulatory mandated projects.
The strategic projects team partners with both technology and other project managers as required. The team performs a variety of project management functions including, (1) concept reviews, (2) requirements gathering, (3) establishing governance, (4) iterative planning, (5) dependency management, (6) communication management, (7) issue management, (8) enhancement prioritization and (9) test management.
Roles and Responsibilities
Manage multiple projects at different stages of lifecycle
- Assist in determining recommendations and strategy respective to related initiatives, including translating analysis and results into business strategy
- Drive and/or assist in defining project requirements and deliverables by identifying, driving and participating in project milestones, phases as well as specific action items
- Drive and/or assist in creation of more efficient, integrated operating models and infrastructure for the strategic projects book of work
- Partner business and technology stakeholders as necessary
- Communicate with senior management regarding project progress and recommendations/decisions; develop effective presentations and project update materials
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution and taking corrective action as necessary
Maintain the program documentation library and SharePoint site
Direct and manage workload of both direct and matrix reports
- Ensure projects are executed in an effective, controlled and efficient manner
- Identify and recommend best practices and enhancements to be included in standards and procedures for projects
- Actively participate and collaborate in work stream meetings and ad hoc working sessions including driving agendas, preparing meeting minutes and keeping track of agreed actions