- Minimum of a Master's degree in a field that provides a strong background in finance, economics and statistical methods.
Ph.D. degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in developing loan-level loss forecasting models and credit risk models within financial
- Possess a thorough understanding of the risk drivers of the models and their applications in estimating default and
prepayment risk and potential losses.
- Successful candidates will have had statistics or econometrics courses at the graduate level. Besides basic statistics, the
incumbent should have a solid theoretical knowledge of regressions with categorical dependent variable such as logistic
and probit and regressions with limited depended variable such as Tobit and survival modeling.
- Knowledge of linear and non-linear regressions and time series econometrics is also desired.
- Intermediate level of SAS skills, especially in modules such as SAS/Base, SAS/STAT, SAS/Macro, data mining and
simulation because SAS is heavily employed in creating data sets, ad hoc analyses and modeling.
- Handle projects independently with a minimum of oversight and supervision and should be able to make contributions to
the group's knowledge base by proposing creative and valuable ways for approaching problems and projects.
- Excellent communication skills are required, as the incumbent will frequently be called upon to make presentations to the
senior management and to write documents that describe work products in a clear manner.
- The candidates that do not meet all the qualifications may be considered for a lower level of the position (Risk Modeler I)
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.