The Training Officer I supports the technical training requirements through facilitation of Lockbox Operations training classes within the Wholesale Lockbox unit of Receivables Operations. Approximately 80% of the position will include facilitation of functional training classes and 20% will include the development of operations technical training class materials. This position will support the Fort Worth site and may require some travel to other sites as needed.
As a training officer, you will conduct needs assessments for business areas to determine training goals that support business objectives and address deficits in participants' skills and knowledge. You will develop training materials, facilitate client training sessions and meetings, evaluate effectiveness of training against program objectives and recommend appropriate changes.
· Demonstrates the How We Do Business Principles to participants and partners on a daily basis.
· Facilitates classroom and virtual training.
· Facilitates small and large group discussions based on the curriculum design and delivery method.
· Readily able to assess participants' understanding of course content and changes delivery method accordingly. Quickly reacts to the learning needs of participants.
· Can work with other trainers to co-facilitate classes seamlessly.
· Utilizes adult learning theory and adjusts training methodology of the course agenda to accommodate trainees with special learning needs.
· Uses good judgment and able to make some decision independently.
· Crafts responses to questions in an appropriate and positive manner to meet the needs of the audience.
· Prepares classroom materials and sets-up room prior to class (e.g. tent cards, flip charts, etc.).
· Delivers material in a clear, concise, engaging and interactive manner.
· Learns to deliver a variety of training methods within approved programs.
· Closes rosters, returns classroom to pre-class condition, and secures training facility after class.
· Utilizes a variety of training delivery methods within approved programs and is able to quickly adjust training methods based on time, participant needs, and assessment of the audience.
· Quickly learns and delivers unfamiliar topics with minimal notice or preparation time to meet business needs.
· Cross trains on two or more topics and is viewed as an expert in content.
· Documents and evaluates trainees' performance.
· Coaches and counsels trainees on performance in class and through observations in the line of business.
· Determines through testing and role-plays whether trainees will meet standards to successfully complete the training programs.
· Interacts with line of business management and HR business partners to address performance concerns.
· Identifies updates needed in training program and collaborates with Training Manager and the development team for a solution to continually improve programs.
· Completes expense reports, program evaluations, class rosters and other administrative documentation as required.
· Prepares training reports at the completion of class, and other reports as required.
· Maintains proper inventory of training materials and supplies.
· Stays current and adapts easily to changes in course content, policies and procedures, and regulations.
· May participate on project teams to support department goals.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.