About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
Account Maintenance Specialists are responsible for the back-end maintenance of various data systems which also includes coordination with many PB partners. Exception reporting is done to ensure data quality, and various projects are undertaken to improve processes, analyze updates that are requested, and assist various people in the organization with the account maintenance and account closure requests that come up due to the very complex systems environment within Asset Management. Account Maintenance Specialist are called upon to be a part of many project teams as the subject matter expert on what impacts various projects may have on the reference data environment.
In order to perform effectively in this function, an Account Maintenance Specialist must have strong verbal and written communication skills. They must be comfortable communicating to all levels and have an analytical approach to problem solving. They must work effectively in a team environment and must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. Moreover, the specialist must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously to effectively meet required deadlines. This individual must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize projects in addition to their daily work. It is also imperative that the Account Maintenance Specialist has excellent PC knowledge to be able to navigate through multiple applications, systems, and lotus notes databases
• Update account level data across all PB used systems.
• Data Quality Exception reporting/monitoring.
• Coordinate mass account maintenance with technology & the business.
• Partner closely with our internal partners for account level maintenance and account closures within Private Bank or Private Wealth Management.
• Various Support Desk Functions - PB CI Maintenance email box, etc.
• Point and/or project lead on various projects within PB/PWM relating to account level maintenance.
• Testing applications as required for system conversions/releases.
• Identify process improvements or gaps internally that impact account maintenance.
• Provide support and escalation for the CI Maintenance team in India.
• Production Coordinator role - assigning requests and investigations received to individuals on the team, monitoring SLA, escalated items, etc.
• Assess business risks and ensure that adequate controls are in place.
• Represent team as subject matter expert on cross-functional business initiatives and projects. Effectively communicate status and issues to interested parties.
• Document process flows and procedures.
• Create presentations and assist in data gathering
• Document and research enhancement requests
• Participate in defect and issue resolution during QA and UAT testing cycles.
• Create, track, document and execute user acceptance testing (UAT) scripts
• Assist with requirements information gathering
• Participate in weekend application testing
• Participate in project/conversion related activities. This may include, but is not limited to, data mapping; data and system reconciliation and remediation.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong client focus
• Highly motivated and ability to work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to develop & maintain relationships with business partners
• Commitment to quality and control
• Ability to think creatively and recommend/implement process improvements
• Strong organizational skills to successfully manage multiple tasks at one time
• Strong background in use of computer systems (PC and Mainframe)
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
• Ability to review, validate and authorize documentation with strong attention to detail
• Project management experience a plus
• Knowledge of Private Bank products/Services
• B.S. degree or equivalent work experience