JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association ("JPMCB" or "the Bank"), a nationally chartered bank, is the firm’s primary insured depository institution and flagship subsidiary. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (“OCC”) is JPMCB’s primary regulator and interprets the scope of its powers. Material concentrations of JP Morgan Chase’s activities, across every LOB, are conducted through JPMCB including ~90% of headcount, ~80% of assets and ~75% of revenues. The Bank offers a wide range of banking services to its customers both in the U.S. and internationally, including investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, and private banking.
The Bank Controller function was established in mid 2013 and is dedicated to supporting the Bank’s end to end agenda. Responsibilities include: Governance and oversight for the integrity and accuracy of the financial results including monitoring controls and capital adequacy; developing LOB level planning and forecasting analyses including capital stress testing; working across functions (treasury, risk, legal, etc) on operating and strategic issues and to monitor key liquidity and risk ratios; maintaining strong working relationships with regulators and auditors; and supporting the Bank board.
The individual will liaise with the LOB’s and the LEC community to drive the Bank LEC agenda and will play a key role within the LEC Operating Model including:
· Month-End close governance
· Transaction monitoring across operational processes and financial systems
· On-going compliance with LE Control Standards
· Intercompany Activity Control
· LE Simplification – assist with integration of new entities into our LEC Op Model for both JPMCB and NY Branch
· Coordination of RCA Journal Entry review and approval
· G/L monitoring and LE related G/L issue resolution (including settlements)
· Assist in preparation and validation of external reporting financials and footnotes
· Projects and process improvements
· Strong accounting and analytical acumen, with ability to understand, produce and explain income statement and balance sheet content and variances as it relates to the JPMCB NA and the NY Branch
· Superior attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to prepare executive level presentations
· Ability to work effectively with others, as well as act as an effective liaison with all business partners within the lines of business or legal entity chains
· Strong initiative and work ethic
· Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, with an ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment
· 7-10 years finance/accounting - related experience
· Bachelor's degree required
· Advanced excel, powerpoint (and other software presentation package) skills required
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.