JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
About the Office of Legal Obligations. The Office of Legal Obligations is responsible for oversight and management of the End-to-End Legal and Regulatory Process Program (“Program”). This Program is one of approximately 25 initiatives that are sponsored at the operating committee level of JPMorgan Chase (“JPMC”). The objective of the Legal and Regulatory Process Program is to design and develop a global, firm-wide, risk-based process to evidence compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations (“Legal Obligations”). Reporting will be made possible by linking an enterprise-wide taxonomy of Legal Obligations to controls that evidence compliance, including policies, self-assessments, training, monitoring and others from each Line of Business. Sustainability will depend on a “lifecycle” based on enterprise-wide standards and governance to monitor compliance with current Legal Obligations and to oversee consistent, Firm-wide changes in businesses and products as Legal Obligations develop.
For the program, JPMC requires experienced individuals with regulatory awareness and background, able to understand the risks to the Lines of Business and the Firm of non-compliance with laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will help all JPMC businesses in all geographies enter and maintain Legal Obligations that apply to JPMC across the various businesses in the Firmwide Legal Obligation Library. The individual will support cross-enterprise efforts of lawyers to monitor, identify and document all federal, state and local laws affecting the Firm’s products. The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration, including with line of business lawyers, their Compliance counterparts, as well as counterparts in Risk and Oversight and Controls. The environment is fast-paced, often requiring that issues be addressed rapidly - to ensure the firm stays in compliance with the rapidly-evolving federal, state, and other rules that may apply to our highly regulated industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently and be a true "self starter."
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Participate on cross-functional teams to develop and maintain Legal Obligations.
- Collaborate with others on initiatives to monitor changes in law and regulation at the state and federal level.
- Collaborate with appropriate product area lawyers to enhance consistency of legal content.
- Occasional research to support special projects as needed.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience, such as paralegal or business/research analyst
- Thorough understanding of the business environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Structured, disciplined approach
- Analytical, flexible and pragmatic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with excel and powerpoint
- Fluidity between our 277 Park Avenue and 4 New York Plaza locations