JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity
JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of about 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting and Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Accounting, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records, and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring accountability and improving the organization's credibility. We focus on accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector (CSEC) Accounting supports all lines of business to deliver superior financial services to businesses and consumers around the world. CSEC Accounting provides an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles.
The Corporate Sector Accounting Associate will provide financial accounting support to Corporate Staff and Technology areas, as well as, some designated LOB financial accounting support.
- Management and development of staff professionals
- Management of monthly accounting processes, reporting, and analysis for areas supported and understanding of respective global balance sheets
- Independent decision making
- Conducting and understanding complex accounting projects and transactions
- Development and documentation of policies and procedures for managed areas
- Insurance that financial information is fairly presented in accordance with GAAP and Firm policies
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Control Self Assessments and other internal control policies
- Providing timely and accurate financial information to management
- Supporting internal and external audit activities and inquiries
- Maintaining effective communication lines
- Participating in and documentation of project/business case reviews
- Establishment and maintenance of relationships with vendors and internal customers (i.e. Planning and Analysis teams, Business leads, Sourcing, Procurement, Accounts Payable, etc.)
- Understanding and compliance with policies and procedures related to merger activities
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ minimum years of relevant experience required in accounting or finance, with demonstrated career progression
- Big Four public accounting experience, large corporate experience and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Exceptional management of a professional staff and proven leadership skills
- Structured mindset with process/continuous improvement orientation
- Proven ability to interface with various partners and customers
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems (SAP), database management, worksheet-modeling tools (Excel), and Essbase.