JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) – The Corporate Technology and Risk organization delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk Management.
As a Web Applications Developer on the Technology Team, you will work closely with teams of Application Developers and Business Analysts to create, unit test and maintain source code that is aligned to our Technology Roadmap, Code Quality Standards, Security Standards and Firm Development Standards. You will familiarize yourself with our web application framework and maintain and enhance code that is part of a web application framework.
You will collaborate with and advise the Systems Architect of gaps within and potential enhancements to the web application framework in order to allow the Systems Architect to assess, prioritize and schedule enhancements and break fix for the web application framework. Under the guidance and supervision of the Systems Architect, you will perform Research and Development tasks that will help assess the feasibility and efficacy of different technical approaches and patterns that may be used in our web application framework and systems.
· This position requires the ability to communicate effectively as you will work closely with other groups both within and outside of CTR to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of your assigned application components to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
· You will be responsible for ensuring the successful design, development, testing, and implementation of application components from a project level. You will utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures, and techniques.
· You will use current coding methodologies to develop and support CTR functionality and contribute to technical code documentation.
· You will attend technology design meetings and recommend system and data improvements to designers while adhering to all IT control policies.
· You will identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues to provide superior feedback for approved user documentation.
· You will collaborate with the Systems Architect to identify potential gaps and enhancements in the web application framework and perform research and development tasks where required with guidance and supervision
· 7+ years of web development experience with .NET Framework 4.0+ including C#, ASP.Net, and MVC
· 3+ years of experience with SQL Server Information Services (SSIS)
· 3+ years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
· 5+ years of experience writing PL/SQL or SQL scripts, including stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables
· 5+ years of experience using Visual Studio 2008+, Oracle 11g, and SQL / SQL Server 2008+
· Demonstration of mature design, coding, testing, and debugging skills
· Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, coupled with a strong work ethic
· Ability to translate business requirements into solutions
· Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of applications and their development throughout all phases of the SDLC
· Must have a working knowledge of ETL processes and data warehousing concepts
· Must have the ability to work in a complex data environment as well as the ability to partner with the business and IT to find creative data solutions to business problems
· Must possess the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with colleagues and team members
· Must be able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management
· Demonstrated ability to interact with technical, non-technical, and business members of the organization
· Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative field with preferred focus on Information Systems
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.