Commercial Bank - Financial Associate – Real Estate Banking, Chicago, IL
This position supports the Real Estate Banking Group (“REB”) within the Commercial Bank. REB provides financing to top-tier national and regional sponsors who are typically investors, developers, REITs and investment funds. Products span construction loans, entity level financing, term loans, subscription lines and acquisition lines. In this role, you will be responsible for providing financial reporting, management reporting and analytical support for REB’s regions and overall business. This role requires the ability to work closely with REB’s CFO, REB’s regional managers and Commercial Banking Finance personnel.
Duties may include:
· Participate in all aspects of the Finance function including reporting, analysis and forecasting.
· Engagement with month end processing to monitor trends, investigate and remediate any issues.
· Prepare monthly financial results and provide interpretative and analytical support to business partners.
· Prepare monthly EMR report.
· Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required.
· Partnering with Commercial Bank on various finance initiatives.
· Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
· 2-5 years of relevant finance/accounting experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Self-motivated individual with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and tasks
· BS/BA Finance/Economics/Accounting
· Real estate experience is a plus
· Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint / Pitchpro, ability to work with large data sets such as Essbase preferred
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.