J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Market Risk Technology team is responsible for the technology platform and integration with JPM Morgan’s risk systems to provide JP Morgan’s risk managers with capability to assess impact of various market scenarios at a firm wide level. The team has a large book of work comprising of many strategic and tactical projects to enhance the system capabilities and continue with integration efforts with the firm’s risk systems along with the reduction of offline manual processes.
As an ETL/BI developer, the candidate will provide high quality technology solutions that address complex and evolving business needs. The developer will work directly with the GWM Finance technology team, internal business customers and other IT development and infrastructure groups within the organization.
In this position, the candidate will be working in projects leveraging our strategic investment in ETL (Informatica PowerCenter) and Tableau Reporting technologies. The candidate is expected to participate in the analysis, development and deployment of strategic enhancements in our Finance suite of applications while understanding and building experience of our Finance related platforms for AUM, Flows and Revenue.
Responsibilities in this role include:
Develop ETL and DB solutions for our Finance applications fulfilling stringent performance requirements
Participate in the technical requirement specification process to ensure that definitions of new functionality are clearly defined and understood
Collaborate with technology development team and designers to develop scalable and robust technology solutions to ensure business requirements are met
Ensure code development is consistent with company development standards and aligned with industry guidelines and best practices
Participate in the testing and validation of new software to ensure software changes meet functional requirements
Provide post-production application support as required. Responsibilities include, problem identification, troubleshooting, data analysis, and emergency bug fixes
- Must have 5-7+ years of overall ETL experience
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques. Knowledge of big data technologies like Greenplum, Hadoop, Spark is a plus
- Must have Informatica PowerCenter 8.1+ development experience
- Must have Control-M and/or other scheduler knowledge
- Ability to design, develop and deploy ETL processes and performance tuning of ETL mappings/sessions
- Must have strong experience in Oracle PL / SQL 10g+ and/or Sybase Trasact-SQL 12.5+, query performance tuning and advanced optimization techniques
- Must have experience with UNIX shell scripting. Knowledge of Perl scripting is a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 10+ years of overall software development experience