About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The GWM Centralized Lending Team (CLT) is a center of excellence designed to handle a high volume of lower risk credit transactions including Advised Lines of Credit, Asset Account Lines of Credit (AALOCs), Term Loans, and Letters of Credit all fully secured by high quality marketable securities with standard loan documentation. CLT ensures two day turnaround for underwriting, credit approval and sending out final loan documentation. The CLT Lender is responsible for managing a specific credit portfolio. The role includes analyzing, negotiating, pricing and documenting lines of credit and standby letters of credit. Also includes the review of other transactions that have an element of credit risk, including the annual review of existing CLT products.
- Deliver to our internal partners (Bankers, Investors, Capital Advisors) and Clients the best fully secured credit product solutions with a sound credit structure utilizing credit policy and adhering to all applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues and to resolve exceptions as soon as possible. These exceptions include effectively managing under margin situations, past review facilities, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions
- Take into account the risk/reward proposition when negotiating loan rates and must employ a discipline around loan pricing and structure
- Review (or prepare for more complicated deals) credit memos which should completely outline the proposed credit structure including accurate risk rating assessment and any potential collateral issues (ex. concentrations)
- Ensure all new credit requests and annual reviews are completed in a timely fashion
- Bachelor degree in a related field required
- Candidates should have 3-5 years of private banking/asset management, and some credit/lending experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision in a high production and fast-paced environment
- General understanding of financial markets and securities industry
- Ability to work well in an integrated team alongside a range of personality types
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint