GTI Unix support is responsible for supporting and building Unix infrastructure for the bank.
- System design, implementation, administration and management
- Conduct incident management and change management activities
- Should have capability to do trend analysis and drive problem management
- Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and Operate teams to make corrections and mitigate risks
- Ensure that all systems are backed up according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures, plan and execute distaster recovery activities
- Liaise with other Core Engineers in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues
- Must be well-organized, responsible, a good project manager, have good verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in dynamic trading environment
· 8+ years of experience in RedHat Enterprise Linux
· 8+ years of experience in Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10
· 8+ years of VERITAS cluster/ Linux cluster hands on experience.
· Experience in Storage Technologies mainly EMC and Hitachi SAN
· Experience in Linux customized RPM packages
· Administration of Unix core services and applications such as NIS, NFS, automount, DNS, DHCP,SSH.
· Good programming skills with Perl, awk, sed, Shell script (Bourne, C, Korn)
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking - ability to use and understand output of tcpdump/snoop Low latency technology
· Administration of Unix core services and applications such as Samba, SendMail, Apache, NTP, sudo, Jumpstart/Kickstart, LDAP. KEON