About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Custody Middle Office Department is responsible for ensuring all aspects of transaction management for Prime clients are completed on time, exceptions are resolved, client inquiries are resolved and provide subject matter expertise to the hedge fund clients. This would be a cross product role that requires extensive trade management, risk management and issue resolution skills while working with various internal teams as required.
In Custody reconciliations, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the reconciliations of the accounts that contain activity supporting the clients and internal business unit’s daily processing. You will be responsible for creating internal reporting for any exceptions noted in the reconciliations, provide support in the forms of verbal and written communication and execute due diligence regarding research for the breaks recorded on the reconciliations.
In this role you will be responsible for the timely and accurate response to incoming internal inquires. A basic understanding of the Prime Custody’s cash flows will be a benefit to the role in identifying the break resolution or origin of the break.
- Perform day to day processes related to reconciliations performed as part of department and line of business controls.
- To complete reconciliation on a daily basis and to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Comply with the standards of documentation retention related to reconciliations.
- Ensure all reconciling items are aged and assigned to appropriate responsible party.
- To work in accordance to internal/external audit standards/procedures. Escalates issues found during daily reconciliation/reporting.
- Must strive to be subject matter expert for all reconciliations performed in the team
- To strive towards enhancing the current process and to work with Manager/Team leads/other teams to automate the manual work.
- To ensure all email queries are responded as per the agreed timelines
- Help solve problems and may distribute reports to internal and external audiences
- Validate accuracy of data and assists with report preparation. Gathers, inputs for routine/standard business reporting purposes
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- To be detail-oriented
- Ensure all incoming inquiries and subsequent resolution is executed according to established service levels
- Process and reconcile all cash movement daily ensuring all exception management is reported and resolved
- Ensure all client, risk and performance related metrics are provided according to service level established
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are followed including maintaining relevant and current procedures, risk items are escalated appropriately, and documents are filed and archived according to corporate policy.
- 4 Year Degree Required
- 2 + years in a Supervisory or Management role