JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization provides management and oversight associated with operational support for Global Compliance including the development of operational centers of excellence for compliance functions which are operational in nature including: Alert Operations (Level 1 Alerts Disposition), OFAC/Client Screening, Due Diligence, Look Backs, Disclosure of Interest, Account Activity Reviews, Personal Account Dealing, and Licensing & Registration.
GCO is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. The team works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made. The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm.
The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm. The AML/Sanctions Consent Order requires that JPMorgan Chase make specific process and system improvements - on top of more immediate procedural changes - and drive greater consistency in its approach to AML and Compliance across the company.
The Quality Testing (QT) Team is an integral part of the Controls environment within Global Compliance Operations (GCO) and is responsible for conducting a continuous testing program against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy. The QT team supports the testing of activities performed by several GCO teams that support the firm’s Global Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Prevention and Employee Compliance & Regulatory Reporting Programs.
The Employee Compliance & Regulatory Reporting Quality Testing team focuses on the testing of Disclosure of Interest (DOI), Personal Account Dealing (PAD), and Licensing & Registration Operations (L&R):
- The DOI compliance function monitors and discloses the Firm’s interests in relevant securities to issuers, regulators and/or relevant markets, pursuant to the various laws and regulations across most global jurisdictions in which the Firm operates.
- The PAD group monitors employee compliance with the Firm’s policies related to personal trading activity. The team’s goal is to identify improper trade activity in an effort to not only ensure employee compliance with the Policy but also to safeguard the Firm from any improprieties.
- The L&R compliance function is responsible for ensuring that employees requiring registration for the performance of their responsibilities comply with the Firm’s internal policy as well as all External requirements for obtaining and maintaining a license.
The Quality Testing Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and investigating the work done by the EC&RR team. The candidate should have the ability to analyze large amounts of data and appropriately disposition by utilizing analytical skills and research results. There will be a strong expectation to liaise with Senior Management and other units at the bank. The candidate will operate under the supervision of the Regional Compliance Operations Manager and may receive guidance from Senior Compliance Management.
- Interpretation of EC&RR standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Make risk based determination through Quality Testing whether EC&RR team properly processed their work items, including but not limited to:
- Ensure DOI, PAD and L&R data has been accurately collected and documented
- Detect and analyze process defects
- Assess cause and effect of defects
- Recommend solutions to repair defects
- Assurance of overall quality, accuracy, and compliance with process and procedure
- Review of all discrepancies or newly discovered trends with QT Managers in GCO EC&RR for proper disposition and potential amendment to procedure
- Forge relationships and points of contact with members of the Quality Testing team and GCO EC&RR teams
- Effectively communicate with key points of contact to ensure the fluid sharing of information and feedback across pertinent teams
- Participation in development of production and quality goals
- Meet or Exceed set production and quality goals
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality throughout the QA process, disclosing only pertinent information to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years of experience in retail brokerage transactions, regulatory reporting, or employee compliance activities such as U4 registration, operations quality testing, audit/compliance testing or related controls testing
- Expertise may also include: AML, Audit, Control, Risk, Fraud, and Research
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Proven ability identifying issues/defects and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Working knowledge of key employee compliance standards and/or financial industry regulations
- Strong Communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and a self starter
- Intermediate level skills working with the MS Office suite of tools, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint; MS Access knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint