About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $19 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Who we are
We are a small, focused team of passionate engineers, data and business people and designers set on creating and building products that transform the way we and our clients do business.
Sure, we are part of a large financial services firm operating in a highly-regulated environment, and that means we are not as flexible or agile as your average company – let alone a startup. But we are careful stewards of our clients’ trust and money and combine creativity and speed with discipline and awareness.
It also means that what we build matters and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach our 1000s of clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business – from trading securities in multiple markets to moving trillions of dollars a day. We won’t build it unless we know it is scalable.
We are obsessed with effectiveness, productivity and efficiency; if we find an issue or broken process, we fix it. We work with the right tools, make decisions quickly, and only pursue those ideas that can scale and meet our clients’ and our business’ critical needs.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. By now, it’s a cliché that Banks will have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it, and are looking for others to join. You will:
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries – finance and technology.
- Interact with insanely large and fascinating data currently not available anywhere else.
- Develop products that can change the way 1000s of clients operate, and how Banking is done today.
New Product Development (NPD) Software Engineer develops the next-generation technologies that will change how the Investment bank operates. You will enjoy applying ideas from different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, analytics, security, mobile and user interface design. As an NPD Engineer, you will have an exciting opportunity to work on a small team of top-notch professionals and switch projects every 3-6 months. NPD is exclusively focused on advanced development often leveraging emerging technologies to speed time to market these high value opportunities and looking to hire best of the best within technology industry.
The perfect candidate is focused on results, a self-starter, and has demonstrated success in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines, quality and costs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. NPD Engineer is responsible for all of the technical aspects of coding, design, implementation and programming to scale.
2. Drive the full lifecycle (plan, manage and delivery) to meet defined deliverables, processes, and tools.
3. Research, recommend, and support new standards, experiments, innovations, and upgrades
4. Collaborate with Development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
5. Responsible to develop and implement IT business processes based on JPMC industry-best practices
6. Motivate team members and facilitates team meetings and make formal project reports and presentations to various level audiences.
7. Apply your ability to participate and manage workload on simultaneous application, datacenter and infrastructure related projects from inception through completion;
1. M. S. preferably in Computer Science or related field.
2. Proven track record of delivering successfully large scale integration projects.
3. Strong knowledge of emerging technologies: mobile (IOS, Android), or No SQL (Hadoop, Mongo, Casandra), columnar (Vertica, Sybase IQ), and search (solr or EleasticSearch)
4. Experience in Architect / Design Experience in Large Complex Multi-terabyte data environments
5. Deep knowledge and experience in integrations technology including Software Oriented Architecture (SOA) and related standards and technology.
6. 10 years of experience in programming – C, C++, Java Python, Ruby ideal ( Cobol as appropriate
7. Technical lead to design, Migrate, deploy Server based virtualization solutions and applications such as Cisco UCS, VMWare, AIX VIO, etc.
8. Extensive experience with LINUX (RHEL, SUSE) or Windows, UNIX (AIX, SUN, CISCO, HP, DELL)
9. Knowledge of database technologies; Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
10. Understanding of security procedures and practices.
1. Financial Industry Experience
2. Knowledge of UML and OO software design
3. Knowledge of rapid prototype toolset ( e.g. C#, F#)
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
5. Strong interpersonal as well as verbal / written communications skills
6. Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
7. Flexible / adaptable - able to work with diverse groups of people including all levels of business management
8. Excellent project management and facilitation skills