JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is responsible for managing the firm's global server and storage portfolio's across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is transforming into a Managed Services provider for JP Morgan Chase and drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services.
The Hadoop/Greenplum service Within GTI-ICS, provides access to large scale data storage and analytics for key JP Morgan Chase groups. It is rapidly becoming a critical part of the infrastructure and as such needs to be both reliable and cost effective.
As a Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for the overseeing development of the Hadoop and Greenplum service at JP Morgan Chase. You will need to have the following skills and background:
The success candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the Hadoop and Greenplum environment with a view to the following:
- increased functionality
- increased productivity
- improved stability
- Ensuring that new systems are ordered, provisioned and delivered
- Report on the status of each delivery
- Oversee the status of the each project and interact with other teams where necessary
- Provide reporting on support activities particularly where high priority tickets or requests have been opened
- Help organize development work into project streams
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of reporting with the ability to provide both detailed and overview assessments of status
- Business Analysis/Management Skills
- Good communication skills with both other team members and groups throughout GTI
- Organizational Development skills
- Experience with reporting tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project
- Working knowledge of the Hadoop and Greenplum technologies
- Working knowledge of the Intel server environment
- Network and data center knowledge