The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Operations Control Team’s primary function is to implement an effective control framework across the CCB organization, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate the root cause of control issues. The team partners with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others.
The Controls Issue Management / Program Manager is responsible for leading the Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) Operations Issue Management function, to include the entire lifecycle from Issue Triage to Issue Closure. This role manages the ongoing program management of the issue management lifecycle, provides the senior leadership and critical challenge to new and closing issues, and is expected to leader critical analysis efforts towards identification of themes and areas of opportunities.
· Provide management and oversight of Issue Management function support CCB Operations
· Direct supervision of staff to ensure appropriate program execution
· Partner effectively with business and functional partners in support of executing a strong and credible Issue Management function which identifies the true root cause of issues, drives realistic and achievable completion targets and challenges the resolution and sustainability of the root cause of control issues.
· Serves as an effective program partner to the CCB Issue Management program and peer Issue Management teams.
· Partner with both business and controls leadership in driving open discussion of issues and control gaps
· Develop and execute innovative analysis and reporting to identify key themes and trends, and promote actionable recommendations to business leadership.Provide leadership and oversight of Business Technology Control Officer team and maintain accountability for the effectiveness of the BTC control function.
· 7+ years of experience in/knowledge of more than one of the following areas: Controls, Audit, Legal/Compliance, or Operational Risk
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to multi-task and deliver to a tight deadline
· Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
· Experienced and proven ability to gather/analyze complex data, develop accurate conclusions and provide recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels across all functions
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.