JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Network Services (GNS) delivers the data and voice network infrastructure upon which the bank's systems are built. This position will be accountable for the delivery of projects in the Network & Voice Management space and the BAU support for the systems in this portfolio. The position is global in nature, regardless of individual geographic location.
The successful candidate for this position will have considerable experience in designing, deploying and supporting Network Management Systems (NMS) for both the Data and Voice Networks. They will have demonstrated a track record of analyzing business requirements and designing / deploying integrated and automated solutions which improve efficiency of the operational and engineering teams.
They will contribute to our overall success by upholding established global mission statements and objectives including security and reliability. The person must possess strong foundational technical expertise as well as have good organizational and communications skills. They must be able to work well under pressure and make sound rational decision that balance technical risk against business benefits and financial implications.
• Working with internal operations and engineering teams as well as external LoB’s to analyze business requirements and architect scalable, strategic and cost-effective solutions to meet specific business challenges
• Solution design utilizing a combination of custom developed applications, vendor solutions to integrate with NMS tools with a focus on automation
• Providing global operational support for all Network Management applications, including out-of-hours support when required
• Work as a team to analyze current product set, tool integrations and operational effectiveness to help set a forward looking global strategy for network management
• Performing evaluations of new product sets to augment existing tool capabilities
• Identify additional automation opportunities to streamline the interaction of tools and maximize efficiency of processes and operational / engineering resources
• Developing internal and external processes to streamline the operational use network management applications and minimize the administrative overhead of network management tool maintenance
• Support the overall vision, mission, and objectives of the Global Network Management Team and global bank standards
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant should be able to demonstrate:
• Advanced development and scripting skills required
o PHP, Perl, Python, shell (ksh, bash)
o Java, TCL, expect a plus
• Administrator level skills:
o Linux (redhat a plus)
o Windows Server (2008 on)
• Strong understanding of integration with:
o TCP Socket APIs
• Strong relational database understanding and skill required
• Strong understanding of network management protocols:
• Understanding and experience of management models:
• Experience with managing:
o VOIP environments
o MPLS environments
• Previous experience in a real-time, ultra-reliable operational network environment
• Strong customer facing communication and inter-personal skills
• Pro-active attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Team member with willingness to fit any role to bring team success
Product Specific Skills
• Operations & Administration
• Event Correlation
• Fault Management Tools: EMC SMARTS, Netcool OMNIbus, Nagios
• Configuration Management: HP Network Automation
• Performance Tools: SevOne
• Logging: Splunk
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.