The Asset Management Technology group is seeking an energetic, intelligent, self-starter in a senior developer / technology lead role to join the Portfolio Performance Measurement and Client reporting technology team. This candidate will be a key software developer lead for the implementation and support of a new performance platform and global performance data mart. The candidate will be deeply involved with the design and development of global performance platform, data distribution services, client reporting applications and support of performance platform. Additionally, the candidate would help lead and manage other ongoing development initiatives including mentoring and managing junior developers. Responsibility will also include working with System Architects, Business stakeholders to understand the business requirements and finalize solutions architecture. The candidate will be part of group working on cutting edge technologies including REST/Web services, Ext-JS framework, R, portal technologies and Oracle in an Agile setting. This team will use Scrum Development methodology, and utilize continuous integration with high emphasis on Quality/Testing. The candidate will be working with firm defined architectural guidelines in UI, Web, DB & Portal and use necessary tools to ensure the team is adhering to the standards.
· Bachelors Degree in computer science/electrical engineering or equivalent.
· 10+ years of core java and j2ee experience
· Must have working knowledge of commonly used design patterns
· Strong rest/ web services and messaging experience
· Open source web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate etc
· Excellent Communication Skills (both written and oral)
· Perl or any scripting language experience
· Strong Unix/Linux and CA or auto scheduler experience
· Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho, Informatica, Ab Initio
· Knowledge of SQL programming
· Familiarity with data migrations and data loads across platforms such as Sybase, Oracle and SQLServer
· Team leadership skills with ability to manage a small development team
· Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving
· Knowledge of Subversion or any other source code control systems
· Experience with multiple types of SDLC including Agile development
· Financial services experience with familiarity to Portfolio Performance, Accounting Platforms and Client Reporting
· Knowledge of Build tools like Jenkins/Maven/Nexus
· Knowledge of Test tools like JUnit, Cucumber and Selenium
· Strong Technical Documentation Skills
· Agile/SCRUM exposure including tools such as Version One, JIRA, or similar
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.