The CCB Modeling & Analytics IT Organization has responsibility for the implementation and support of infrastructure platforms and software services for CCB Risk and Finance regulatory activities including CCAR, as well as the many modeling and analytics programs throughout CCB. We maintain a number of Analytical and Business Intelligence environments including several technology platforms running SAS, along with the support of many server and desktop SAS products. The CCB Modeling & Analytics IT Organization consists of technical analysts, system administrators, SAS administrators, and software engineers.
The Applications Development Lead is a key leadership role and will be responsible to lead small project teams comprised of technologists who have end to end custodianship of several in-house and vendor application suites including FICO Model Central, FUTRIX and SMS] The Applications Development Lead is responsible for the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of these applications. The successful candidate needs to be proficient in multiple CCB business disciplines, be able to function and influence the strategic direction of our business partners through technology solution recommendations and be a key advisor on significant decisions.
The Applications Development Lead will be responsible to plan, architect, design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects. Provide technical expertise for large and complex projects. Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members. Participate in design reviews and provide alternatives. Conduct code reviews and make sure quality solutions are build and best practices/standards have been followed. Apply Data Warehouse concepts, design and implement ETL, data archiving, data reconciliation, error handling and error logging. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting systems, performance and production issues as well as coordinating with I.T. resources from various Chase business units.
In order to interact with the credit risk community, the ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the predictive model development process including both logistic and linear, including segmentation techniques.
The responsibilities and skill sets
- Expert in multiple software languages (SAS, C/C++, Shell, Python) and technologies, design techniques, as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems and significant infrastructure for large-scale programs
- Hands-on working experience with multiple database technologies (Oracle, Teradata, DB2 or SQL-Server) included relevant ETL and performance management tools
- 5+ years experience in UNIX scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python) and web technologies (HTML,CSS/HTML)
- Understanding of distributed UNIX file systems and systems administration concepts
- Experience in developing modeling and analytics software such as SAS, R, Spotfire, S-Plus, MatLab
- An understanding of model validation and model performance measurement
- Building Business Intelligence cubes in technologies such as Futrix, Cognos or Business Objects
- Hands on experience in designing and developing large client facing applications.
- Strong foundation in modeling and analytics programming techniques and design principles
- Use software engineering best practices including design review, code review, unit-testing, and re-factoring
- Experience building resilient software, knowledge of testing and breaking code; understanding and implementation of test-driven development
- Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards