About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Fiduciary Tax practice within Global Wealth Management has been outsourced to Deloitte Tax LLP. This role would require a close working relationship with Tax Liaison Leader (TLL) for Trusts and Estates including contact with internal and external stakeholders. This individual would report directly to the TLL. The Fiduciary Tax Information Officer’s primary responsibility will be to provide support for tax matters for our client base and to ensure strong communications between JPM, our Trust Teams and Deloitte. This would include data transfer process and procedure, concise and thoughtful messaging and helping to focus on priority items. This role involves frequent interaction with JPM Operations Sr. Management, Deloitte Tax LLP and JPM Front Office Leadership, in a fast-paced team environment, as well as accountability for broader projects.
• Partner with TLL, Tax Counsel and other Liaison team members to develop and communicate information to the Front Office Trust Teams
• Align group goals and objectives with firm priorities and initiatives
• Offer creative solutions as issues arise and act as a partner on key business decisions
• Trouble shoot for problem solving and definition around filing positions – to be able to answer the question “what should we be doing?”
• Enable management by providing timely, accurate information on calendar deliverables
• Understand the data requirements and information transfers that are occurring between JPM and Deloitte to ensure accuracy and validity
• Research, communicate and resolve key issues and risks and answer questions from Trust Officers, Bankers and other Advisors
• Use data as a control to optimize resources and establish repeatable and predictable process
• Anticipate the needs of JPM and Deloitte to get ahead of messaging that is required to be distributed out to the JPM Front Office to deliver timely results
• Prioritize matters needing attention
• Assist in overall needs of the team and provide support during peak periods
• Work to build strong relationships with Deloitte Tax LLP staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proactive, strategic thinker
• Tax, Compliance and Fiduciary experience
• Strong analytical and process view skills
• Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
• Client focused with a tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS/MANAGEMENT STYLE
• High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
• Pro-active self-starter
• Capable of leading with conviction; willing to make tough/unpopular decisions
• Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment
• Affable, with a high tolerance for ambiguity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College degree; CPA Preferred; JD or MBA a plus
• 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills
• Excessive attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skill
• Familiarity with OneSource Tax Software and Omni Platform a plus
• Advance skills in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Series 99 or able to achieve within 120 days
• Specific industry related experience preferred
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.