The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Oversight & Controls organization’s primary function is to implement an effective control framework across the CCB organization, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues. The CCB Key Matters Control Team is tasked with providing central Controls support for Programs/Projects established to address risk or control concerns related to key regulatory matters. The CCB Key Matters Control team collaborates with Program sponsors and business owners to ensure that risks are properly identified and controls are in place to mitigate risk and minimize financial, regulatory, and reputational exposure while maximizing customer and shareholder value. The team partners with all other risk and control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Credit/Operational Risk, Legal and Audit.
The Senior Control Analyst will be part of a team that provides support to a variety of key regulatory matters programs across the CCB organization and in certain situations across businesses outside of CCB. The Senior Analyst is responsible for understanding the subject matter across multiple Programs and providing support to responsible the Functional Control Officer(s). The Senior Analyst is responsible for shifting the business to a more proactive risk and issue identification culture. The Senior Analyst validates controls, action plans, processes, and procedures. This role interacts with senior management and operational leaders, including other Controls counterparts, and requires a strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in controls and issues management, process improvement, and audit best practices.
· Assess processes in an end-to-end manner and drive testing efforts across multiple business groups and operational functions.
· Develop and/or enhance Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs)
· Design robust test scripts to ensure thorough and substantitive analysis
· Examine the effectiveness of controls; assign appropriately substantiated control ratings
· Perform side-by-side observations, evaluate data, and execute re-performance testing methods
· Utilize automated testing techniques and strategic sampling methodologies for transactional testing of high-volume data sets
· Conduct meetings with business owners at various levels of management, deliver testing results and influence sustainable control enhancements; develop recommendations to strengthen controls and improve operational efficiency.
· Facilitate process mapping sessions and participate in the identification of risks and determination of risk rankings
· Comfortable performing peer reviews of other team members testing and providing constructive feedback
· Accountable for meeting deliverables and deadlines
· Create and maintain collaborative relationships with our business partners
· Exhibits professional skepticism; synthesizes data quickly and communicates analysis succinctly; utilizes critical thinking and analysis to influence and provide direction
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
· Minimum 5 years experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance required; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
· Extensive understanding of internal control and risk management concepts with the ability to evaluate the adequacy of the business control environment
· Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills; able to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data to formulate appropriate conclusions
· Superior attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
· Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills; ability to present concise findings in a persuasive manner
· Self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative, ownership, and accountability
· Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with minimal supervision
· Effective time management and multitasking skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
· Data analytics experience using software applications (Excel, Access, ACL) highly preferred
· Working knowledge of the Phoenix Operational Risk Management system and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software preferred
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.