JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: PM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the Firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
Global Compute Services is an enablement organization with Services across all infrastructure operations and architecture offerings. This role directly supports the COO of Global Compute Services. This position will include partnering with Service Leads of the GCS organization, individuals across Operations, Technology, Real Estate and the broader GTI organization. This individual will be part of a team that will assess the impact of the GCS priorities and top initiatives; drive management and governance programs, create executive discussions and create executable programs that lead to sustainable change.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and can easily make connections to create opportunities and efficiencies between various work streams. The candidate will have experience interacting with and presenting to all levels of management. The candidate should have experience working in/managing teams and possess experience with administratively creating and maintaining programs across multiple technology disciplines. This position requires a "self-starter" with a desire to learn and a passion for attaining organizational objectives. They will also require the skills to develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels across the GCS organization.
The locations for the role could reside in the following locations:
- OH – Polaris McCoy Center (54101)
- NJ – Jersey City (02969)
Supporting the GCS Portfolio Functions
Responsible for analyzing and creating management reporting to address staffing, efficiency quality, and other analytics that are directly related to the day-to-day running of the overall
technology department’s business
Provide negotiation and influence of people / processes inside and outside the organization to
meet JPMC strategic objectives
- Manage GCS book of work by creating a consolidated portfolio practice, communication standard and improving overall efficiency.
- Provide oversight to all GCS programs such as top initiatives, shared objectives and issues
- Maintain a holistic view of various programs across multiple technology disciplines and
services, ensuring connections, dependencies and risks are well understood
- Ensure standardization and compliance with global standards, presentations and reporting
Process Design and Risk Evaluation
- Anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk
- Articulates the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical
information with ease and knows when to seek more experienced management assistance
- Create a production support function that provides accurate problem identification, ticket
documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
- Demonstrates outstanding GCS business knowledge with the ability to solicit input from
- Documents small-to-medium scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal
- Delivering and reporting against the GTI Roadmap
- Identify and implement best practices to improve efficiencies in how we operate
Communications & Reporting
- Create materials for use internally and externally to provide ongoing updates
on in-flight strategic initiatives
- Deliver against key priorities for the GCS COO organization
develop GCS communications plan; standardize communication & reporting
methods, metrics reporting, dashboards, etc
- Contribute to monthly GCS Portfolio reviews as well as ad-hoc
reviews as required
- Engage in governance forums to drive collaboration and continuous improvement of
communications and reporting framework.
- Strong analytical skills, organization and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence
- Ability to create processes and tools independently
- Capable of driving consensus and organizational change
- Ability to complete functional reviews and determine what work is performed and
relationships to other functions
- Skilled in facilitating root cause diagnosis
- Confident change agent and creative problem solver
- Expert in analytical techniques, communication skills and information management tools
- Proficient in multiple GCS business disciplines, functions and knowledgeable about
the business' strategic direction
- Minimum of 10 years business and technology experience
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record in managing business management functions
- SharePoint, Visio, MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint – expert level)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - as well as strong influencing and
relationship management skills
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.