JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Cloud Development is a small team responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of a new, cutting edge, cloud platform. This platform will allow JPMC development teams to transform our business applications into scalable, elastic systems that can be instantiated on demand.
The Cloud Development Core Engineering team is looking for an infrastructure focused professional to help create solutions to speed up the deployment, simplify the management, and maximize the scalability and availability of the Cloud Development Platform.
- Work in the public cloud team developing secure services and platforms on public cloud providers for consumption by JPMC internal teams.
- While the role will be broadly architectural, the role will require a broad working knowledge of infrastructure, security processes and technical implementation and code development.
- Every service delivered by this team will be built with security from the ground up. This role will need an understanding of security guidelines and regulation and be able to map these to both process and technical solutions to deliver end to end security.
- Repeatable processes will be a key part of delivering the standardized and scalable cloud infrastructure we require for this project. Cloud environment are infrastructure delivered from code and this role will deliver a range of template and code based delivery tools to automate every aspect of the environments we wish to deploy.
- Deliver architectures for platforms and architectural standards is a key requirement. Cloud platforms are, by their nature, open to experimentation and the flexibility to propose architectural ideas and models test on the target environment and refine the architecture based on results and observations will be a key skill
- The successful candidate will have a good understanding of technical architecture and enterprise architecture
- Understanding of ITIL and TOGAF / Zachman frameworks are advantageous
- Equally experience of Agile and Continuous Delivery / Integration are also highly desirable
- A high level understanding of networking concept including CIDR blocks, route tables, firewall rules, IP port management, forwarding and NAT, and WAN and LAN design is required. Detailed knowledge of BGP, protocol stacks, and TCP / IP communication would be desirable but is not essential
- You will need a good user level understanding of the operation and build of a standard Linux server or Windows box. This is to include the use of typical user level commands, the ability to compile and install common packages and use common tools such as network and performance testing utilities
- Ability to program in Java or Python or other languages with a Cloud Providers CLI is highly desirable. Experience with the Boto libraries for Python or AWS Tools for PowerShell would be very useful but not essential
- Understanding of XML based template markup languages is desirable. AWS CloudFormation is a desirable skill but not required
- Experience with automation tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt or Opsworks are all useful skills.
- Solid Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Deep Java Knowledge
- Ability to design and build complex systems from scratch
- Integration – REST APIs, JDBC, SQL, JMX
- Web Application design and development - HTML5 / CSS3/jQuery
- Experience with SOA/Microservices
- Modern SDLC (TDD, BDD, CI, Automation)
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate at a level commensurate with the audience at hand, be they expert or non-expert
- Understanding of Agile and Lean thinking/DevOps
- Working in a globally distributed team
- Experience of working in an international team for a major enterprise is desirable
- Experience of both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to write technical and API documentation and project reports tailored to a range of different audiences
- Ability to deliver technical talks and presentation and be comfortable speaking to audiences ranging from technical developers to senior stakeholders
- Understanding how to deliver these presentations via video conference, WebEx and in person
- Comfortable working in high pressure situations and understand how to ask for help and manage conflicting priorities
- The successful candidate must be an experienced technologist with a natural curiosity for new processes and technology and enthusiasm for delivering new services. This must be balanced with a realistic understanding of the requirements of managing sensitive data within a highly regulated environment. Experience of working with public cloud is advantageous but not essential
- As part of a new team they must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to focus and deliver to tight deadlines and manage multiple areas of work simultaneously
- The project will involve working with a wide range of stakeholders with contrasting interests
- A key skill for this role will be working with differing groups to drive conversations constructively, establish requirements and the basis for these requirements then work to product solutions and architectures which meet the agreed requirements
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and/or UNIX like operating system
- Perl, Python
- Knowledge of systems monitoring tools
- Experience with messaging technologies, especially AMPS
- NOSQL Databases
- Interest in or experience with machine learning/data science
- Knowledge of techniques for dealing with very large datasets