JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Cyber Security is chartered with managing and directing the security programs focused on the discipline of cyber security design, implementation, analytics, threats, monitoring, response, and investigation across the organization. Our core services are focused on assuring the security of the computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with regulatory requirements globally. This is accomplished through strong information risk governance, active collaboration with business risk managers, and providing high quality security solutions and services which enable improving the organization's overall risk posture.
The Application Development Lead in Cybersecurity will manage a team of business analysts and application developers to design, plan, build, and deploy applications that improve our capabilities to detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Proactively engage a virtual cross organizational team and leverage interpersonal skills such as influence management, negotiation, and analytical/problem solving skills.
Manage application developments projects from concept through implementation using agile methodology.
Coordinating resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects.
Manage budget for assigned project(s), monitoring project progress (risks & issues), adjusting resources and priorities accordingly, preparing and presenting progress reports for management.
Ensure technologies are integrated properly to support Cybersecurity objectives.
Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or related field along with 10+ years of related experience in a large scale mission-critical environment, 5 of which should be in a field managing a team or teams of 15+ applications developers and engineers. Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Technology related fields is a major plus.
- Experience in managing teams and projects using agile/scrum particularly in regards to velocity and how to measure team productivity
- Experience in some or all of the following technologies – Java, .NET, Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PHP, Informatica, Unix/Linux, Windows
- Experience with enterprise compliance and vulnerability scanning tools including Qualys, Symantec ESM/CCS, Skybox, IBM AppScan, etc.
- Must be available to collaborate with engineering managers/teams in NAMER, EMEA and APAC as necessary (may require travel).
- Must have knowledge of enterprise systems and infrastructure along with a business process improvement mindset with a drive for controls, automation and efficiency
- Strong understanding of relational databases and data-modeling including multi-tiered architectures (i.e. web/app/DB)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols, firewalls, IDS and IPS is a plus.
- General understanding and experience in some or all of the following technologies – Java, .NET, Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PHP, Informatica, Unix/Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of and ability to mature development process including an understanding of the Capability Maturity Model is a plus
- Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors.
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining impacts and strategies and where necessary, in layman's terms.
- This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.