JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Our business: We are part of Risk & Finance Technology Line of Business. Our group is responsible for providing risk measurement and reporting services for the firm. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk, provide stress-testing services for the firm’s trading portfolios and produce risk metrics that are used across front office, middle office, and several senior managers across the firm. In addition, the group is also responsible for providing finance support for the entire firm.
Our Team: The Data Acquisition (DA) Team is responsible for sourcing data from across the firm into the Risk & Finance repositories, reconcile the data to the authoritative sources, make adjustments for data gaps, storage and distribution of the data. The team deals with large volumes of data with databases to the tune of 100TB+ in both Oracle and Exadata. The tech stack is primarily Java/J2EE, Abinitio/Informatica, Databases (Oracle/Exadata), Reporting (BusinessObjects, Tableau) etc.. A major multi-year initiative is started to build common frameworks and applications to support data convergence across Risk & Finance platforms.
As a Senior Java Developer in the Platform team of Risk & Finance Technology group, the candidate will work with AD lead to ensure successful analysis and Development of a number of high profile, complex, technical milestones that are core to the success of the Risk & Finance Technology Program.
• Design, implement and test requirements
• Ensure compliance to all requirements and maintain accuracy for same and design all technical system documents and architectural standards.
• Maintain record of all maintenance release for all applications and maintain knowledge of all enhancements.
• Recommend enhancements to all designs and prepare software for all reuse.
• Resolve all emergency production issues and ensure appropriate resolution of all issues within required time-frame.
• Document all designs and perform all unit tests and develop appropriate applications.
• Design code for all system design and prepare efficient application programming interfaces.
• Ensure quality of deliverables, set development standards in areas of code quality, test coverage, monitoring, logging, exception management, documentation and others.
• Collaborate and build relationships with analysts, project managers, other development teams, operate and operations partners, and clients.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and developing Java/J2EE enterprise applications in medium to large scale IT Projects.
• Design and development based on Business Requirements
• Develop Unit Test Plan, associated Unit Test Case and Unit Test results
• Provide system integration testing support for projects and enhancements
• Provide implementation support
• Interface with businesses and development teams across multiple global locations.
Experience working with multiple file formats (XML, text, CSV etc.), large data sets, code debugging and debug defects
• Experience in design and development of Dashboard applications, web based applications and real time integration
• Ability to convert business requirements into specifications and be able to analyze, design, develop and integrate applications.
• Strong technical skills, dedication, innovation, drive for excellence.
• Experience working with offshore / onshore model
• Strong communication skills and able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must have strong knowledge in Object oriented development, version control, release management, change management.
• Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize the application
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Core JAVA, Struts, Spring, JDBC, RMI, JNDI (LDAP), Java Communications API.
• J2EE: Servlets, JSP, Struts, jQuery, EJB, XML, XSL, JAXP, JMS, WebServices SOA, JAXB.
• Middleware interfaces, including MQ, JAXB, XML, XSLT, MQ, and RESTful web services
Desired Experience / Skills:
• Experience with Risk Management and Finance methodologies and concepts
• Knowledge of financial products such as securities, credit products and derivatives
• Experience with data analysis and data mapping between multiple legacy and strategic systems
• Experience working in a data warehouse and business intelligence environment
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.