Production Operations supports Mortgage Banking Originations by facilitating the transition of a loan to closure. The Client Care Specialist is responsible for guiding the customer throughout the loan process which may include requesting any additional documentation, following up on the conditions needed and answering any customer questions along the way. The Client Care Specialist is responsible for effectively communicating the terms and conditions of the loan approval which may include but is not limited to the loan program, terms, conditions and fees.
The level 2 Client Care Specialist carries a pipeline of government (FHA/VA), conventional and purchase loans beginning with the initial conditional approval through until the final underwriting approval. The Client Care Specialist will contact the customer after the loan has been conditionally approved, upon final approval and all of the follow up calls in between. The discussions may involve but is not limited to the discussion of structure of the conditional approval, the review and request for outstanding conditions or documentation as well as discussing next steps in the process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Constant focus on customer service throughout the process that leads to delivering best in class service.
- Contact the customer after the loan has been conditionally approved and final approval, and all of the follow up calls in between. The discussions may involve but is not limited to the discussion of structure of the conditional approval, the review and request for outstanding conditions/documentation as well as discussing next steps in the process.
- When information is needed from the customer to complete any action item, the CCS calls the customer/co-customer to obtain the necessary information or documentation.
- Responsible to update the information in the system of record as well as keep up to date and accurate communication logs ensuring a smooth down stream process for the customer.
- Contact the customer to discuss the final terms and conditions of the loans as well as discuss any questions. Discuss a proposed time frame the loan signing.
- Immediately address all issues and concerns raised by the customer and involve the Mortgage Banker when appropriate. Escalate as appropriate any issues or concerns to your team manager when applicable.
- Work daily priorities as assigned by the system ensuring timely completion of tasks.
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC’s review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment
with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx
- Minimum of 1 year mortgage processing or underwriting working experience in conventional, FHA and VA financing preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Effectively utilizes all tools such as priority reports, call reviews, and/or loan originations system.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Proposes solutions to problems and utilizes all available resources (Mortgage Banking Guide Team, Service Level Agreements, etc). Effectively prioritizes their workload with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while being aware of their audience.
- Ability to explain underwriting conditions to our customers.