About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JP Morgan Private Bank offers wealth advisory, asset custody, investment management, fiduciary, personal and business banking(deposit accounts, credit cards, mortgages), and capital advisory services to clients. Several mergers and acquisitions over the years have brought various lines of business into the scope that Fee Billing services. Private Bank clients have an integrated team that is focused on managing their relationship. The integrated team consists of the banker, capital advisory, trust officer, investor, and a dedicated client service team.
The Private Bank Fee Billing operations team manages the calculations cycle, addresses client inquiry, performs analysis, maintenance activity, control reporting, MIS and business metrics, supporting the Integrated Team for US PB clients. The Private Bank billing system currently calculates fees for over 300,000 accounts.
• Oversight of all MIS function including scheduled & ad hoc MIS reports production and distribution to business partners, data integrity and recipient recertification.
• Work with business to define reporting requirements, develop, test and implement reports (production and ad-hoc) to help drive business decisions or operational needs.
• Identify variances in key metrics and devise supporting commentary for senior management reports.
• Oversight of BAU Control function along with SOX, RCSA and Business Resiliency testing.
• Conduct an end to end review of Fee Billing processing functions and identify areas of risk & control gaps, recommend and implement improvements.
• Oversight of the Proof & Reconciliation function for G/L postings.
• Enhance existing training plan and conduct new hire training & provide training to team as required.
• User tool ownership, ensuring the defined user tools are in compliance with corporate standards, tested and risk rated appropriately
• Support and respond to audit requests
• Series 99 certification (within 120 days of hire)
• Highly motivated self-starter who can learn complex material quickly.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Management experience demonstrating leadership and coaching.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business questions and needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Access, PowerPoint, & Excel functions including pivot tables, macros, and database creation.
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
Degree preferred – BS in MIS, Finance or related degree (or relevant experience)