JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations
worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial
banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,
JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent
corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan
Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization provides management and oversight associated with operational
support for Global Compliance including the development of operational centers of excellence for compliance functions
which are operational in nature including: Alert Operations (Level 1 Alerts Disposition), OFAC/Client Screening, Due
Diligence, Look Backs, Disclosure of Interest, Account Activity Reviews, Personal Account Dealing, and Licensing &
GCO is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. The team
works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide
control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are
made. The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and
apply to every customer and client of the firm.
Global Control’s mission is to provide centralized oversight and a sustainable control environment for the GCO
organization by creating a framework to monitor, escalate and remediate risks with appropriate urgency, accountability,
Global Control will partner with critical stakeholders including Oversight and Control, Compliance, Technology and Audit to
ensure alignment to firm standards. GCO’s operational risks and controls will be consistently evaluated on an ongoing
and independent basis using a risk based approach to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Support RCSA projects, prioritize and identify key messages to present to management to drive change
- Ensure GCO Controls programs are executed holistically and that critical handshakes between processes are identified
and assessed for risk
- Provide strong thought, leadership and communication in relaying GCO Controls information to global colleagues,
stakeholders and staff
- Execute against GCO Controls workstreams: risk and control self assessments, change management program across
process migration, system migration, and document management (e.g. procedures and guidance documents, SLAs, IAS
charters, and Resiliency Plans).
- Understand and comply with regional and regulatory requirements pertaining to GCO when executing the testing of
resiliency plans, SLAs, IAS charters, and system access management;
- Identify control gaps within GCO wide programs and implement effective controls to close the gaps identified
- Conduct gap analyses between differing GCO processes, at both a high and detailed level
- Synthesize large amounts of information efficiently and effectively into clear and concise messages to be relayed to
RCSA leads and LOB stake holders
- Effectively partner with GCO stakeholders, Oversight and Controls and firm subject matter experts so as to effectively
understand firm standards, polices and regional regulatory requirements
- Share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience require
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in AML, Compliance, operations, and project organization
- Advanced understanding of internal control concepts
- Ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls
- Experience in assessing end to end processes to identify operational risk
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Ability to work independently or within teams
- Proven ability in meeting deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Must be proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environments
- Experience meeting project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to
senior management in a persuasive manner
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint) advanced user knowledge of excel required
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.