J.P. Morgan's focus on being the world's most successful financial services institution starts with Technology - the driving force that gives us our leading edge. Ongoing $billion investment in the firm's technological future means that by joining J.P. Morgan, you'll have a front-row seat to product innovation, and work on complex solutions to the most difficult financial problems.
Pyramid is a strategic platform for processing and risk managing equity derivatives in the Investment Bank. It is currently used by Equity Derivatives and Credit businesses globally. It is responsible for product modeling, trade capture, event and position management, providing the books and records to the bank for trades and feeding downstream back office systems such as accounting, settlements, legal documentation and regulatory reporting. The products traded on this platform range from high volume listed and flow derivative products to extremely complex over-the-counter structured and securitized derivatives.
The platform uses a range of technologies including Java, Sybase tSQL, C#/.net, and C++ on Windows and Linux platforms. This is an opportunity to join an award winning technology team with very strong business sponsorship to deliver revenue enhancing technology and industry wide transformation.
ands-on lead engineer to build out derivatives trade management functionality across a number of services and lead the Equity Derivatives Trade Management technology agenda in New York.
· Hands on technologist working on the Pyramid derivatives platform
· Work with operations, front office / technology and other teams (legal, compliance) to define the requirements and solutions necessary to address industry / regulatory changes / new business demands
· Design, develop, test, performance tune, and implement solutions within the current technology stack.
· Produce implementation approach, timelines, go-live strategy.
· Ensure solutions conform to best practice design principals and meet capacity and resilience as well as functional requirements
· Liaise with global Project Managers on end-to-end delivery.
· Report progress to senior management.
· Good communication skills will be paramount.
· Provide local point of escalation for critical support issues, investigation of queries and ad-hoc demands/projects – this is critical element to the local lead role.
· Strong Java experience Source code management, ideally using Git/Stash.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.