JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Network Services (GNS) supports one of the world's largest enterprise networks - voice & data - spanning over 50 countries with over 1 million data network ports, 25,000+ network devices, 600+ PBX systems, 800+ voice mail systems, and 65+ call center sites with over 26,000 seats. Innovation is a key priority with an expanding portfolio of over 75,000+ VoIP end-points, 50+ high definition video conferencing systems, and the ongoing expansion of service-provider-class ultra long haul networks, global WAN networks and regional MPLS networks. GNS Resiliency is an independent team of engineers that apply proven, industry standard principles to insure that appropriate resiliency related strategies and controls are applied consistently across the Global Networks organization, thereby ensuring business continuity for our customers.
The successful candidate for this position will have considerable experience in supporting and managing network technologies with consideration for risk and control factors. They will minimize exposure to the risk associated with network failures by leading and supporting a comprehensive GNS High Availability, Sustained Resiliency, and Disaster Recovery program spanning all network technology.
• Represent GNS Resiliency as the Network Architect subject expert in all matters relating to physical resiliency testing, highly available network designs and critical service availability
• Review, provide recommendations for and documentation of physical resiliency test plans, test harnesses and substantiation
• Utilize network diagnostic tools to review network incidents for validation of resiliency working as designed
• Scripting related to line of business resiliency testing and network isolations. Obtain appropriate network resources and ensure network change controls are ready
• Potential to partner with OPNET modeling and availability studies
• Stay current on industry network technologies related to resilience strategy
• Stay current on corporate resiliency policies as well as other corporate risk and security policies that apply to the GNS organization. Provide feedback and strategic recommendations to management
• Interact with personnel at various levels to develop recommendations, remediate control deficiencies, and drive implementation of remediation strategies
• 5+ years of significant experience with large scale and complex projects
• 5+ years of extensive network design or operational experience within a large enterprise environment required
• Experience in designing highly available network services and executing disaster recovery tests
• Proven knowledge of a majority of the following: Routers, Ethernet switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy, Internet appliances, Optical Transport, WAN/LAN and business applications
• Familiarity with network diagnostic methods, tools, and interpreting packet captures
• Solid understanding of available network operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols is essential.
• Experienced in large enterprise or service provider network architecture, analysis and engineering design
• Ability to perform independent research and study
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
• A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline
• Financial industry experience
• CCNP/CCIE/CCDP Certification
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.