The Inventory & Demand Manager will manage the CCB Infrastructure Inventory and Demand Management (IIDM) teams within CCB Shared Technology Services providing visibility into and operational support of application and asset inventories and supporting all forecasting and brokerage management of infrastructure demand within CCB‘s IT portfolio. This position will be responsible for working with senior management and the firm’s infrastructure teams to provide visibility into and understanding of the firm’s infrastructure asset & application inventory systems, partner with application development and infrastructure support teams to perform updates in the systems of record, and generate reports used to review system of record data quality and drive remediation efforts of identified breaks.
The role is also responsible for coordinating regular infrastructure demand forecasts amongst the firm’s infrastructure support teams and partnering with those teams through provisioning activities ensuring timely delivery of infrastructure assets supporting CCB investment activities. Furthermore, the manager is responsible for representing CCB in firm-wide strategic efforts to understand and influence the roadmaps of the infrastructure asset, application inventory, and infrastructure demand management systems in partnership with CCB infrastructure, chief architecture and chief development office organizations as well as firm-wide colleagues and partners.
The Infrastructure Inventory & Demand Manager will be required to ensure that all IIDM reporting is provided on time, is consistent across the entire CCB portfolio, and complies with all published process documentation.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Plans and oversees strategic and operational activities associated with the Infrastructure Inventory & Demand Management teams
• Ensures that the IIDM short-term and long-term goals align to CCB’s directives; monitors and evaluates process and operational effectiveness, identifies and effects changes required for improvement
• Provides strategic advice and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures related to CCB Infrastructure Inventory and Demand Management functions
• Provides leadership to a large, geo-diverse IIDM staff and is the primary point of contact relating to infrastructure inventory and demand management for CCB
• Ensures the development of talent within the IIDM team through training and stretch opportunities
• Recommends improvements to the IIDM service offering based on business needs and demand; drives improvements to a fully developed solution
• 6+ years of work experience in infrastructure technology with strong knowledge of technology concepts such as operating systems, database management systems, application servers, virtualization technologies and storage technologies.
• Demonstrated leadership capability and influencing skills. The candidate must enjoy interacting with all levels in the organization.
• Excels in a complex and challenging environment by leveraging team-based relationships and accepts input from all levels of the organization
• Expert verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
• Strong analytical skills including historical trending, forecasting and probability assessments
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and change priorities fluidly
• Ability to manage a diverse team of technical engineers, infrastructure associates, and developers
• Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology degree or equivalent experience
• Extensive knowledge of using Microsoft Office products (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.