JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
GTI is actively seeking a Desktop Support Tech Ops Analyst to support Asset Management users. Position is responsible for providing entry to mid-level technical support to all technology platforms and the willingness to learn. Shared support responsibilities of equipment stockroom/depot functionality, builds, setup, decomm and rotational duties through support areas both IM trade floor and call center.
Technical support responsibilities will be to anticipate problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk. Ensure all issues are resolved within the established SLA, which includes a mixture of hardware/software/operating system support. Review and process Service Requests as needed for new business and/or departed employees
Core activities include effective production support including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue. Candidate must be driven. Will learn complex processes and apply with precision. Will need experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft desktop applications and Microsoft Outlook as well as basic day-to-day troubleshooting and resolution of technology problems. This includes troubleshooting various business critical applications and various delivery methods Virtual Desktop (VDI), Blackberry/GOOD Mobile support, wireless and guest networking.
Equipment stockroom/depot needs, ship and receive equipment for AWM NA. Manage equipment stores, documentation and provide regular validation reports. Meticulous and organized control of stock a must.
Project work to be small-to-medium scale projects and delivers with minimal supervision. Often consulted by peers and is recognized as a positive leader and frequently provides feedback and recommendations to management. Demonstrates the ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-driven manner along with strong analytical, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Minimum of two years experience in desktop support.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience in the operation of a remote desktop support group
- Understanding of the technical aspects of LAN Administration
- Experience with market data services a plus - Bloomberg / TradeWeb / Capstone
- Network Connectivity awareness; TCPIP and Firewalls
- Windows 7 preferably to MCP level
- MS Office 2010 +, (Access and Project also desirable)
- iPad/Android/Smart Devices
- Internet Browsers (IE Primary)
- Mobile product knowledge
- Excellent inter-personnel and liaison skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Comfortable in dealing with clients over the phone and/or 1on1
- Clear and precise requests updates and feedback to other team members.
- Regular contributions to create and update documentation
- Ability to work well independently and within a team with minimal oversight.
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure the business SLAs are met.
- Ability to work in a trading environment / executive support - high visibility / high monetary impact.
- Troubleshooter with ability to diagnose and support multiple mission critical systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills necessary for various audiences including executive management..
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving and independent decision making.
- Must be able to provide after hours and weekend support as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in a computer-related field or related on the job experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.