JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
In the role of NAS Storage Deploy/Provisioning Engineer role, you will be part of the firm’s Global NAS Provisioning team who will be responsible for storage service, projects, requests and technical refresh and migration activities related to Network Attached Storage. You will handle new allocations, expansions, reductions, adding and removing NFS and CIFS access, decomms, migrations and relocations of NAS file systems via the request management process. You will be expected to proactively look for ways by which to improve space utilization and provide a more efficient and higher quality service to clients. You will participate in process improvements and/or storage related projects. This role will require demonstrating a solid track record of Storage Administration experience and will center heavily on service delivery, continual service improvement, training peers, identifying process gaps and looking for ways to deliver faster and quality service to our clients. As a NAS Deploy Engineer, you will also be responsible to:
- Leverage and improve the existing metrics and KPIs to ensure that SLAs are being achieved
- Drive organization transition by making metric based decision to maximize the throughput and quality of the storage provisioning service
- Work across GTI Engineering / Operations for any new storage technology and/or new standards definition and implementation
- Work across GTI Engineering / Operations to drive provisioning automation across all storage platforms
- Use Lean / Six Sigma techniques to drive efficiency, improve speed to market and improve the quality of the product delivered to our customers
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
· Expert in storage products - Network Attached Storage (NAS)
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP HPUX, IBM AIX
· Proactively analyze problems and searching for ways to mitigate future risk
· Capable of acting as business liaison, translating business needs to technical requirements and providing point of contact to business during high impact incidents
· Demonstrated ability to drive and manage large scale projects with little or no supervision
· Demonstrates leadership and independent problem solving
· Advanced knowledge of multiple major vendor platforms
· Advanced business continuity/resiliency knowledge
· Track record of automation within the storage environment
· Experience of Request and Change Management Tools and processes (5+ years)
· Proficiency in Shell/Perl/Powershell/Python scripting
Specific Storage Administration Expertise:
· 5+ years experience in distributed storage environments.
· 5+ years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
· Advanced experience configuring and deploying Netapp Products, EMC Isilon and EMC Atmos
· Advanced experience in Netapp 7-Mode and C-Mode environment
· Advanced experience in administrating Netapp (7-Mode/C-Mode) and EMC Isilon using CLI (Command Line Interface)
· Advanced experience with multiple host operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP HPUX, IBM AIX).
· Advanced knowledge/experience designing and deploying snapshot, mirror, snapvault, aggregates/qtrees/volumes
· Advanced knowledge/experience in performing NAS storage migrations
· Advanced knowledge/experience in NFS access protocol using netgroups
· Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues.
· Good positive attitude and helpful approach
· Good team player
· Good spoken and written English
· Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals.
· Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required.
· Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
· Good planning skills and ability to deliver to agreed schedules.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.