This entry-level position (geared to individuals with little or no fulltime work experience) is part of The Asset Management Analyst Program and is applicable to individuals who have recently earned a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited school. Though most hires into the Program are recruited through our formal campus recruitment efforts, we sometimes conduct supplemental recruitment of candidates with a similar level of experience and academic achievement as our campus hires. Experienced professionals should apply to positions outside of this Program.
About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs. We operate in 100 countries, and hold leadership positions across our different lines of businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
About Global Wealth Management: With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face on their balance sheets by leveraging the Private Bank’s products and solutions. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of depth and breadth.
Program Overview: The three-year Analyst Program provides exposure to our multiple business areas within the Private Bank including but not limited to credit and lending, multi-asset class investments, wealth advisory and estate planning. At the end of the program top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to continue onto the next phase at the firm as an Associate. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and the Analyst’s performance.
Role and Responsibilities: The Business Management Analyst is an integral part of the team and responsible for executing key deliverables. Major responsibilities include:
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative tools to analyze, synthesize and interpret large amounts of data and information
- Measure results – business, client and team impact
- Understand and define business needs in the context of short and long term objectives
- Identify weaknesses, gaps and opportunities for improvement in business processes and procedures
- Communicate business priorities, processes and initiatives in a simple and compelling way
- Navigate and facilitate information flow/messaging between teams
- Develop rapport with members of the teams within and across regions
Qualifications: We seek candidates with a unique blend of interpersonal and analytical skills. Private Banking Analysts efficiently leverage both qualitative and quantitative resources to understand complex financial situations and present solutions. Specific qualifications include:
- A minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Up to 2 years of experience in wealth management
- Experience using Microsoft office programs including excel, power point and Adobe PDF
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and poise giving presentations
- Demonstrated aptitude for sales and client relationship management
- Genuine interest in financial markets and macro-level economic trends
- The ability to be a dynamic member of a team
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence completing projects with limited supervision
- Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information